After any type of fire or smoke situation, make safety your first priority
- Only stay in the house if it is safe. Do not try to clean-up if it is not safe to do so. Contact PLM Restoration and let the professionals handle it.
- Do not eat, drink, or breathe in anything that has been near the fire’s flames, smoke, soot, or water used to put the fire out.
- Limit movement in the home and keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Don’t use television or other electrical appliances.
Some activities you can perform if it is safe:
- Change HVAC filter
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpets
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and keep doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Collect and clean valuables and store in a safe place
PLM Restoration can take care of your fire damage restoration and get your home back to normal after a fire.